Keystone State Mustangs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keystone State Mustangs Forum

This forum is for Ford Mustang enthusiasts. We are a Pennsylvania based club, but welcome anyone.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim1970

Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Empty
PostSubject: Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..   Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Icon_minitime3/7/2012, 7:28 pm

.....With one serious sugar rush?! God i have a headache lol ive got questions that normally i would be able to ansswer myself but with all this new techno crap im second guessing..i know i know im a PITA lol
Back to top Go down
TopBliss

TopBliss

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..   Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Icon_minitime3/8/2012, 10:46 am

ask away, buddy!!
Back to top Go down
Tim1970

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..   Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Icon_minitime3/8/2012, 12:57 pm

Well first off i want to do three performance upgrades over the next few months..Boss intake,tuner and Cold air intake..but

1.can i do one at a time,starting with the intake manifold but i heard the car has to be tuned at the time.
2. who to choose from AM or LMR aka Bama or Blow by racing for tunes ive heard of them both but dont know anything more than their names..
3.keep running 87 or switch to 93( gas prices OYE!)
4. I like AM but LMR has the beat price wise big time(sorry Karen) but AM is close if i have a problem..and do they do any work there or is it just research and development..

Sorry guys i know im a pain in the ass but i am excited over the new stang and i have to drive her every day for now so i cant not be cautious..
Back to top Go down
mustangpowers
Admin
mustangpowers

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..   Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Icon_minitime3/8/2012, 8:39 pm

Tim1970 wrote:
Well first off i want to do three performance upgrades over the next few months..Boss intake,tuner and Cold air intake..but

1.can i do one at a time,starting with the intake manifold but i heard the car has to be tuned at the time.
2. who to choose from AM or LMR aka Bama or Blow by racing for tunes ive heard of them both but dont know anything more than their names..
3.keep running 87 or switch to 93( gas prices OYE!)
4. I like AM but LMR has the beat price wise big time(sorry Karen) but AM is close if i have a problem..and do they do any work there or is it just research and development..

Sorry guys i know im a pain in the ass but i am excited over the new stang and i have to drive her every day for now so i cant not be cautious..

all good questions tim,
1 yes the car needs a special tune for a CAI ans the boss intake
2 as for the tune, i would use the bama tune from AM myself. they know their shit there
3 as for octane, the mods you are putting on are for performance, if your not gonna use 93 you are kinda waisting power and waisting money. why have the mods if your not gonna capatilize on their purpose. now with the 93 tune you spend more for gas, but some tunes can actually increase mpg using the CAI. so it may even itself out. you need to figure what your goal is with the car. if you want to go fast = boss intake, CAI and a 93 tune. if you want a good dailly driver thats good on gas = stock. JMO
4 using a discount code that karen could most likely get you, it may be cheaper at AM. cant hurt to ask her
Back to top Go down
https://keystonemustangs.forumotion.com
Tim1970

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..   Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Icon_minitime3/8/2012, 9:31 pm

Thanks for the answers Chris, i filled up for the first time today using 93 from sunoco..i should have been clear when i asked that i meant now before all the mods are done. I gather Bama knows their stuff but i hear Blow by does to..and unless Karen has one hell of a code ..AM cant touch LMR, but like i said it may be worth the extra$$ for piece of mind that they are not far from here..i don't know.. i absolutely love this car.. I haven't even been above 70 yet lol
Back to top Go down
COYOTE 11
COYOTE 11

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..   Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 12:27 am

I HAVE THE 302 INTAKE DONE TIM WITH A STEEDA CAI AND A SCT TUNE DONE BY JDs SPEED SHOP IN HUNTINGDON VALLEY. FYI,,, WHEN BUYING THE INTAKE GET THE KIT WITH ALL THE PLUMBING. MAKES LIFE A WHOLE EASIER FOR THE INSTALL.
GIVE ME A HOLLER IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO REGUARDING THIS INSTALL.
Back to top Go down
Melstang

Melstang

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..   Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Icon_minitime3/9/2012, 11:27 am

AM does price match so let them know what you have & if it matches up they should honor it & if they have a problem, deal with Karen. You wont have an issue with a Bama or BBR tune, both are pretty reputible in the business. AM doesn't do anything for any customers in house unfortunately. If you need help with anything at BBR, let me know Tim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..   Ever feel like a kid in a candy store.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever feel like a kid in a candy store..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keystone State Mustangs Forum :: The KSMC General Forums :: General Discussions-
Jump to: