Keystone State Mustangs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keystone State Mustangs Forum

This forum is for Ford Mustang enthusiasts. We are a Pennsylvania based club, but welcome anyone.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

WINTER PROJECT???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
COYOTE 11
COYOTE 11

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime11/17/2011, 12:35 am

SERIOUSLY THINKING OF BUYING A 68 COUPE TO PLAY WITH FOR A WINTER (OR 2) PROJECT. BODYWORK IS PRETY DARN GOOD BUT WITH THE USUAL PROBLEM AREAS. MOTOR & TRANS HAS BEEN REMOVED AND REBUILT. THE PRESENT OWNER SAYS HE JUST CANT FIND THE TIME TO FINISH THE CAR,,,IM JUST WONDERING DO I.
Back to top Go down
mustangpowers
Admin
mustangpowers

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime11/17/2011, 1:15 am

wow, id love to do a project like that eventually. just need the time, money and space. none of which i have right now. i say if you have all three, what is the question lol. i say go for it!!!
Back to top Go down
https://keystonemustangs.forumotion.com
COYOTE 11
COYOTE 11

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime11/17/2011, 8:15 pm

IT SUCKS CHRIS WHEN I WORK ALL DAY EVERY DAY ON CARS. TAKES THE FUN OUT OF IT. IM PRETTY TIRED AFTER A FULL DAY UP AND DOWN ON A FRAME BENCH. IM NOT RULING IT THOUGH. ITS SOMETHING IVE WANTED TO DO FOR A LONG TIME NOW BUT THE OLDER I GET THE HARDER IT GETS TO MOTIVATE MYSELF TO DO THIS. I SEE RICH BANYAI STARTED A PROJECT SOME TIME BACK AND NOW HE WANTS TO SELL IT MID STREAM. THIS IS WHAT IM AFRAID OF WILL BE THE SAME OUTCOME FOR ME. WE SHALL SEE.
Back to top Go down
nuclearmuscle523

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 3:29 am

Never ever underestimate the level of restore on an old mustang. My 69 mach1 has been sitting in the garage for the last 2 years and it hasn't made much progress. Same happened with a 68 coupe I had. These things...
Back to top Go down
mustangpowers
Admin
mustangpowers

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 5:45 pm

nuclearmuscle523 wrote:
Never ever underestimate the level of restore on an old mustang. My 69 mach1 has been sitting in the garage for the last 2 years and it hasn't made much progress. Same happened with a 68 coupe I had. These things...

lets see some pics cam
Back to top Go down
https://keystonemustangs.forumotion.com
COYOTE 11
COYOTE 11

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime11/18/2011, 7:52 pm

OH I HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR NUCLEAR. ONCE YOU START POKING AROUND THE CRAP APPEARS. THEN ONE THING LEADS TO ANOTHER. PLEASE POST UP SOME PICS OF THE MACH. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM.
Back to top Go down
Tim1970

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime2/8/2012, 2:33 pm

I have a 68 coupe, resto mod in the making its been in the body shop fpr almost 2 years..thought of selling it many times..but just cant lol I just imagine sliding my fat butt in the driver seat the first time its finished and turning that key..my comment if you want it,DO IT
Back to top Go down
COYOTE 11
COYOTE 11

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime2/8/2012, 9:08 pm

YEAH,,,,YOU ARE RIGHT TIM. MAYBE I DONT WANT TO DO THIS AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT I DID. THE SAME REASONS STILL APPLY AS I OUTLINED IN MY ORGINAL POST. ITS SO FRIGGIN HARD TO MOTIVATE MYSELF HAVING TO WORK ALL DAY ON CARS AND THEN COME HOME AND DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
91mustang

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime2/9/2012, 12:22 am

yes you are right tommy about being motivated but its nice to come home and work on a nice old stang and know it is yours when its done trying working on two at the same time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WINTER PROJECT??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WINTER PROJECT???   WINTER PROJECT??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WINTER PROJECT???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keystone State Mustangs Forum :: Technical Discussion :: 1st Generation 1964 1/2-1973-
Jump to: