Keystone State Mustangs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keystone State Mustangs Forum

This forum is for Ford Mustang enthusiasts. We are a Pennsylvania based club, but welcome anyone.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Why hood insulation?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
franknstang

franknstang

Why hood insulation? Empty
PostSubject: Why hood insulation?   Why hood insulation? Icon_minitime5/29/2012, 6:40 pm

My 2011 Gt has an aluminum hood which came uninsulated, meaning it was metal underneath and no black soft liner cushion. I see that the 2013 gts have a liner and I believe they are steel hoods. I say that since a 2011 hood costs roughly 1200.00 and the 2013 hood lists for 600.00 appx. Is the liner important for heat transfer and necessary? Would the steel hood get to hot and harm it's paint if left uninsulated?scratch
Back to top Go down
mustangpowers
Admin
mustangpowers

PostSubject: Re: Why hood insulation?   Why hood insulation? Icon_minitime5/29/2012, 11:23 pm

th a good question. i never used my insulater. i removed it immediately. i now have a fiberglass hood but no issues. i have heard of paint chipping under the 05-09s even using the liner. im not really sure the purpose. i always thought it was more to quiet the motor a bit than anything
Back to top Go down
https://keystonemustangs.forumotion.com
franknstang

franknstang

PostSubject: Re: Why hood insulation?   Why hood insulation? Icon_minitime5/30/2012, 12:12 am

Thanks Chris. I would like to avoid using it if I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why hood insulation?   Why hood insulation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why hood insulation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keystone State Mustangs Forum :: My Mustang :: Under the Hood-
Jump to: